Jomsom reveals Nepal’s most spectacular landscape diversity. Jomsom, a part of the Annapurna region, is among the most popular trekking destination in Nepal. The high mountains and deep valleys that encircle the giant Annapurna massif home people of various terrain and culture as a subtropical jungle to dry landscape that resembles the Tibetan Plateau.
Flights to Jomsom from Pokhara offer close up view of the Himalayan Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. The trek starts at Jomsom and takes us to Muktinath-a Hindu & Buddhist shrines. In Muktinath, we get to explore their culture and rituals and then trek down the Natural hot spring to witness the best sunrise view from poon hill. Trekking through the Kali Gandaki River Gorge, the world’s deepest George is a blessing in itself. Muktinath is the ideal spot to find fossilized ammonites called Shaligram; which are found in the upper reaches of Kali Gandaki.
- Trip Name: Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
- Trip Code: JOMSOM-TI3XKW
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Multi-day Tour,Live Guide Tour
- Activities: TREKKING HOLIDAY ,NATURE & ADVENTURE
- Experiences: Nature ,Adventure
- Starting Point: At Tribhuvan International Airport
- Ending Point: Tribhuvan International Airport for your next destination
What to expect ?
You can view the Mountain Ranges, Nepalese cultural villages and exotic biodiversity.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m):
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu Airport, our representative will welcome you at the airport and transfer you to a hotel. Later on, we will provide a short briefing of the journey, which is followed by a welcome dinner.
Day 02: City Tour:
Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital, is a home for different cultural heritages and traditional spots. During your stay at Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath. Pashupatinath is a famous Hindu pilgrimage which is the temple of Lord Shiva while Bouddhanath is the biggest monastery in Nepal. Rest of the day can be spent shopping around Thamel and preparing for the trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly to Pokhara and trek to Ulleri (2000m) 5 hours
Early morning, we will fly to Pokhara, which is a scenic flight of about 25 minutes. Then we will drive to Nayapul, which is about two to three hours of drive on a fairly smooth trail. We will then trek to Ulleri, which is our stop for the night. We will cross several suspension bridges and steeply stairs before we reach Ulleri.
Overnight in Ulleri
Day 04: Trek from Ulleri (2000m) to Ghorepani (2750m) 7 hours
Early morning, we will begin our trek from Ulleri. It’s the slow and easy climb for a couple of hours before we reach Ghorepani. There are multiple stops in the way up to Ghorepani where you can have the lunch or cup of coffee.
Overnight in Ghorepani
Day 05: Early morning climb up to Poon Hill and then trek to Tadapani (1190m) 6 hours
We will wake up early in the morning and trek for about an hour to reach Poon Hill where we can witness the panorama view of Himalayan ranges and the beautiful sunrise. We will enjoy the view for some moments and then trek back to Ghorepani for breakfast. After breakfast, we will walk up and down through the hills and cross multiple small settlements before we reach Tadapani.
Overnight in Tadapani
Day 06: Trek from Tatopani(1190m) to Ghasa (2110m) 6 hours
After breakfast, our trek commences by crossing the Kali Gandaki Bridge, which is the deepest river in the world. Further, we will cross a suspension bridge over the river and continue our trek. Our trail passes through the prodigious waterfall and then slowly ascends to the Ghasa- lower part of Kali Gandaki Valley.
Overnight in Ghasa
Day 07: Trek from Ghasa(2110m) to Marpha (2680m) 5 hours
This day we will trek to Marpha by ascending down through a forest. First, the trail lead us to Lete Village. Then after, we continue up to the beautiful village of Larjung. In Marpha, we encounter many apple orchards and vegetable farms. These apple orchards are the major attraction of Marpha.
Overnight in Mrapha
Day 08: Trek from Marpha(2680m) to Kagbeni (2810m) 5 hours
Leaving Marpha, we move towards Kagbeni. Today, we ascend on a ridge before we reach Joomsoom village. We continue towards the till we reach Kaligandaki. We will pass Ekle Bhatti village and further continue toward Kagbeni. The beautiful mountains like Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Tukuche, Mt. Nilgiri can be seen from the place of Kagbeni.
Overnight in Kagbeni
Day 09: Trek from Kagbeni (3710m) to Muktinath (3710m) 6 hours
Early morning, our trail will commence from Kagbeni. Our trail moves along the bank of Kali Gandaki river. On the way, we encounter beautiful scenery as we walk on a steep path from Kagbeni to Khingar. Before we reach Jarkot, our trail climbs through a desert landscape and then to Muktinath.
Overnight in Muktinath
Day 10: Trek from Muktinath (3710m) to Jomsom (2710m) 6 hours
Muktinath is a famous pilgrims place for both Buddhist and Hindu religion. In the morning, we will visit Muktinath temple and enjoy the short tour around the temple. Over there, we can witness the Tibetan traders and Sadhus from south India. Then after, we will step back from Jomsom and enjoy the beautiful view of Mt. Dhaulagiri
Overnight in Jomsom
Day 11: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara:
Today, we have a short flight (about 25 mins) from Jomsom to Pokhara. During the flight, we will experience the stunning scenery of the mountain as the plane passes between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains. After landing in Pokhara we will visit beautiful places and do activities like boating in Fewa lake and roaming in Lakeside.
Overnight in Pokhara
Day 12: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
After early breakfast, it’s the time to leave Pokhara. We will take a tourist bus to Kathmandu where we can enjoy the beautiful views of terraced hills and rivers on the way. After reaching Kathmandu we can either take a rest or do some shopping around Thamel.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 13: Final Departure
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicles
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- One full-day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
- Transportation by tourist bus
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), during the trek
- Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
- Safe drinking water (Medicated) during the trek
- Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner
- Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Farewell dinner.
- Porter and his entire expenses (one porter for every 2 trekkers)
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required Government and local taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- First Aid service (Basic)
- Nepal arrival visa fee
- Meals in the city (Kathmandu/Pokhara) except breakfast and above-mentioned special dinner
- Any kinds of hot/cold drinks during the trek
- Wi-Fi, hot showers, battery charging services during the trek
- Monument entrance fees during the city tour in Kathmandu (It cost about USD 26 per person)
- Your personal nature expenses like, mineral water, soft and alcoholic beverages, snacks, extra meal, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in the city in- case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (cause of any reason) out of planned itinerary
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation and Helicopter evacuation higher than 4000 meters
- Tips (As an appreciation) and any other extending trips and accommodation.
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
We will meet in TIA as soon as you land in Kathmandu.
During your stay in Kathmandu, we will visit Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath.